High quality therapeutic grade essential oils are gentle and safe to use on newborns and babies, but please take note of these tips:
- Always dilute the essential oil in a carrier oil (such as fractionated coconut oil or olive oil) before using it on your baby. Babies and for children under 3 years old, add 1-2 drops of essential oil to 1-2 tablespoons of carrier oil.
- Take care not to get the oil on the babies hands because they may rub their eyes.
- If an oil accidentally gets into a baby's eye, dilute with a vegetable oil, such as olive oil or fractionated coconut oil. Do not use water as this drives the oil deeper!
- The best oils for newborns through 3 months are Roman chamomile, lavender, Digestive Blend, lemon, peppermint and wild orange.
- Use only diluted essential oils in the bath. Babies have very sensitive skin.
- If the baby is anxious, use Roman chamomile in the bath or for the massage.
- To help a baby sleep, use lavender in the bath or one drop of the oil on each foot.
- If a baby has a tummy upset, gently massage wild orange, Digestive Blend or peppermint on the baby's abdomen.
Email us at GreenLivingLadies@Gmail.com to learn more about these therapeutic grade, highest quality essential oils. Ask us about our amazing monthly enrollment specials too!