I created this recipe and post and am sharing it from my website, www.laurasglutenfreepantry.com
Earlier this week as my husband and I were getting my daughter ready for school, my daughter asked me if I could make a recipe for homemade Cinnamon Rolls. With twenty minutes until we had to leave for school, I said sorry not right now.
“Pleaaaase!”, Emma begged. So I offered to make her a shake with cinnamon and flavors similar to a cinnamon roll. That did the trick. My kids are crazy for cinnamon. They call it red sugar.
The smoothie came out thick and creamy and filled everyone up until lunch time. I’ve even been asked to make it a few times already again this week. Please note this is one satisfying, nourishing and hearty smoothie filled with healthy fats and protein. If you want a lighter version of this smoothie, omit the canned coconut milk and opt for either 2 cups more almond milk or filtered water.
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened or homemade
- ½ can of chilled coconut milk (the cream on top of can)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- ⅓ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 4 drops therapeutic grade cinnamon essential oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to Vitamix or blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes. Pour into glasses. Sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired. Serve!
Email us at GreenLivingLadies@Gmail.com to learn more about these therapeutic grade, highest quality essential oils. Ask us about our amazing monthly enrollment specials too!